The following is the recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, December 12, 2017:
Highlights of action taken include:
- Accepted the recommendation of the City Council Legislative Committee and adopted the Santa Clarita 2018 Legislative Platform.
- Adopted the Legislative Committee’s recommendation to support S. 1993 (Feinstein) and H.R. 4086 (Knight) related to the proposed expansion of the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area.
- Awarded a two-year contract to provide maintenance services for Landscape Maintenance District Zones T-65 (Fair Oaks Ranch), T-65A (The Ranch at Fair Oaks), and T-33 (Canyon Park).
- Appointed Councilmember Marsha McLean to the Santa Clarita Board of Library Trustees for a three-year term, expiring June 30, 2020.
- Awarded contracts for the purchase and delivery of three Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) powered commuter buses and six CNG powered local buses.
- Approved the plans and specifications for the Highway Safety Improvement Program, Project C4014. This project will modify the traffic signal at the intersection of Seco Canyon Road and Garzota Drive to provide protected left-turn phasing for northbound and southbound movements.
- Adopted a resolution amending the budgets for Fiscal Years 2016-17 and 2017-18.
- Held a public hearing and passed to a second reading an ordinance adding Section 17.38.075 of Chapter 17.38 to Title 17 of the Santa Clarita Municipal Code establishing a senior mobilehome park overlay zone.
During the special meeting, Laurene Weste was appointed Mayor and Marsha McLean was appointed Mayor Pro Tem.
Approved Meeting Minutes can be accessed here once available.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Previous Council Meeting Recaps
Adjournments in Memoriam